Thursday, May 1, 2014

Good place to start

My sweet husband, Larry, planted this pink dogwood tree for me about 10 years ago. We had just moved back to Georgia after living north of Dallas, TX (Allen and then Fairview). We were glad to be back in the southeast where we were both raised and dogwoods dance like ethereal waifs in the woods. Every spring we would watch this dogwood with anticipation, but no blooms. We were about to give up on it when this spring it surprised us. Its branches are loaded with delicate pink four-petaled blossoms. Sort of reminds me of my art journey. About 10 years ago, I got back on my true path. Oh, I had drawn and painted some time ago, but as they say, "then life happened." So in 2004, I signed up for a two year distance learning art class and I'm so glad I did. So here I am, 10 years and many paintings and art workshops later and blooming anew.

This is my first blog entry. As they say, "you can only start from where you are."

No comments: