Friday, May 2, 2014

Spring trio

Bridal bouquets are beautiful, but they are usually tossed away after the wedding and then fade fast. This spring trio of 6" x 6" x 1.5"D oil paintings will help preserve that special memory.

Flowers are my hands down favorite to paint so I had fun with these three bridal bouquets. Next time, I'll choose display easels that don't have the hooky things in the front, though. These are 1.5" deep on cradled museum-quality Ampersand GessobordTM  Think I'll paint the next ones on a 3/4" deep cradle. The wooden sides (i.e., cradle) are painted beige. Here's a closer look:

If the collector wanted to frame the painting, a 3/4" deep cradle side may be a little easier to work with. Each one, though, is finished in the back and comes ready to hang, complete with a nice grosgrain ribbon, so no frame is necessary. I'll show you the backs next post.




No comments: