Monday, July 28, 2014

Like Paris, only different

A cool front came to Georgia recently and when I logged onto my computer, I was surprised to find that the near-by city of Hoschton was the same temperature as Paris. Ah, Paree, how I loved visiting there. I never understood falling in love with a city until then. 


Paris, France and Hoschton, GA temperatures both 72

So I drifted into Hoschton, to re-visit a restaurant that has plenty of Franco oomph going for it.  



downtown Hoschton, GA

As mentioned in a recent blog post, my husband and I discovered a charming restaurant with gourmet food, right there in downtown Hoschton. The restaurant's name is One Blue Duck. Here are a couple of comfy chairs for us while we're waiting for a table. Chardonnay, mon cher?


Two blue chairs in One Blue Duck

We're lucky to get the "red chair" corner table. From this vantage point, we can almost see the entire restaurant, yet it's cozy. 

Red chair by window in One Blue Duck

Remember the movie, Midnight in Paris? I feel like we're in the way-back machine and can almost hear a chanteuse in the background. You remembered to bring your flapper beads, right?


Brick inside One Blue Duck showing date of 1924

Wandering around the outside patio area after duck confit, I think how I'd love to see those lights hanging from the pergola sparkle at night.
One blue Duck colorful patio

Until then, we can just watch the clouds drift by.

Looking at clouds at One Blue Duck


What a nice surprise to find Paris right here in Georgia. Will one or more paintings be inspired by our lovely afternoon? Mais oui!

No comments: