Monday, August 25, 2014

Keep going, and going, and going...

I love the swirl and twirl of life and being in the rhythm. There are four paintings on the easels right now and working on them in various stages on different days helps clear my mind. While one or two are cooling off, others are heating up. Two of my French easels were garage sale finds, one is from the Tuesday Morning store and one is from a friend's teenage daughter who never used it and went twirling off with another glittering interest of the minute. Life is like that. It's the natural ebb and flow of the endless tide.

Life is also like this sometimes:

RIP Brushes

Last week an 18-wheeler decided he wanted my lane. Thank goodness I had a way out. It was hi-ho silver pine and up over the curb into the landscaping at a doughnut shop. Not knowing he had crunched me, the 18-wheeler kept on going. Thank goodness for the kind people of Athens, Georgia who phoned the police. The 18-wheeler was pulled over down the road and its info is now part of the accident report.

Amazingly, I am fine, except for a small gash on my left forearm that we're keeping an eye on and a purse full of glass from the two side windows imploding. It could have been worse, a lot worse, and believe me, I am giving thanks every day!

Now it's back to having fun with these two fauve cupcakes. Here's where to find their history and progress steps. Just a little more baking and they'll be done. I love this "putting the icing on the cake" stage. OK, ok, enough with the analogies, but I couldn't resist!

Almost finished

Until next time, let's just keep putting one foot in front of the other and dance the dance. Later, cupcake!


No comments: