Thursday, October 15, 2015

Road to Nowhere

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where -"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland


Road to Nowhere by Joan Terrell
An original oil painting on
6" x 6" panel
A plein air palette knife painting
© 2015 Joan T. Terrell
Contact Burton Gallery (706-947-1351) to purchase
More paintings available at: http://www.joanterrell.com

State route 119 near Athens, Georgia meanders for about 82 miles into South Carolina, but around here, it's just known as Nowhere Road.

Now, sometimes when I'm riding around in the country, I feel as if I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I always seem to find my way home.

Joan the artist from Georgia

The Appalachian mountains are close by and sometimes I just head for the hills with no particular destination in mind. A recent wander took me by the scene depicted in Road to Nowhere. Seems like the same colors that show themselves in fall give us a sneak preview in spring.

Of course, if you divide the word nowhere, you end up now here, which is a pretty good place to be, and although you may be tempted to follow that yellow brick road, remember... it's only pollen.

No comments: